On my daily social media travels, I come across some great sayings and my favourite at the moment is “Don’t Post & Ghost”
The premise behind this is simple: when you post in your social media accounts don’t schedule, post, and disappear, be present on the platform, respond to comments and continue the conversation.
Your social platforms are places to have conversations and connect with like-minded people so don’t just make a statement and leave them hanging have a chat too. We’ve all done this when we are busy scheduling the content for the week or month, eager to get the jobs done, but with this behaviour we forget that the value is in the conversation.
Try this for two weeks and tell us what happens:
- Check out your Instagram analytics and make sure you post when your audience is most active but importantly when you can also dedicate time to respond and be active.
- Chat to the people that respond to your post – get to know them.
- If you have an alpha follower or two take time to comment on their posts on their page (unless they are totally inappropriate).
- Don’t be afraid to ask people to share your post.
- If you want to grow your audience look up the relevant hashtags for your sector and check out the movers and the shakers that could benefit your business and connect with them.
- You scratch my back I’ll scratch yours. Make sure you are connected on social with your local business community – right now everything is about keeping local independent businesses going so make sure you tag, comment, and repost their content.
These are just a few little tips to help your social media accounts gain momentum. If you like them please share them with your colleagues and peers.
Look out for more on our social or email us with your question and we can see if we can help you email@example.com