When clients come to us for support and advice initial conversations are focussed around the giants of social media of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, X and Tik Tok very few clients think about Google Business as part of their digital strategy until we show examples of Google Business profiles that we manage and the analytics they provide.
A Google Business Profile provides you with the ability to list your business location on Google Maps and local search results. You can display important information about your business, including the opening/closing times, contact details, a link to your website, photos and regular updates in the same way you would with a social platform. It’s a free tool provided by Google that allows businesses to manage their online presence across Google, including Google Search and Google Maps. Combined with a good social media strategy Google Business helps to get your brand in front of people when they search for services and will come up as a listing above website listings.
Benefits of using Google Business
1. Increased visibility in local search results: Google Business listings appear prominently in local search results, providing potential customers with information about your business, such as your address, phone number, business hours, and reviews. This can increase your visibility and drive more traffic to your website.
2. Improved credibility and trust: When people search for businesses online, they are often looking for information about the company and its reputation. By having a verified Google Business listing with positive reviews, you can improve your credibility and build trust with potential customers.
3. Better search engine rankings: Google Business is a key factor in local SEO, as it provides Google with valuable information about your business. This can help improve your search engine rankings, particularly for local search queries.
4. Increased customer engagement: Google Business allows you to interact with customers by responding to reviews, answering questions, and posting updates about your business. This can help build customer loyalty and encourage repeat business.
It’s a powerful tool that can help businesses improve their online visibility, credibility, and search engine rankings. By optimising your Google Business listing and leveraging its features, you can enhance your SEO strategy and attract more customers to your business.
Google Business Essentials
When you have set up your Google Business profile make sure you take into account the following:
- Your Google Business profile is consistent with your website and your other social profiles in terms of language and imagery.
- Keep your hours up to date, the number of people who use the opening hours on a Google Business profile is not insignificant and people rely on the fact that this is up to date.
- Do take advantage of their call to action links, each update can have a bespoke call to action such as “Book Now”, “Order Online”, “Buy”, “Learn More”, “Sign Up”, “Call Now”
- Make use of their Question and Answer section to help customers with the most common questions and establish yourself as an expert.
- Add your products.
- Ask for reviews.
- Take bookings.
Make sure all your profiles and website are consistent so that users instantly recognise your look and feel, make sure your hours and all your contact details are up to date and most important of all claim your page and start using Google Business.
If you are looking to set up your Google Business profile or want to optimise your existing page, get in touch with us and we can help you get on track so all your digital platforms are working towards the same objectives.
Call us on (07977) 225576 or email us email@example.com